La version française des règles de confidentialité est accessible ici
Last update: 12-31-2012
UrbanHello is very conscious of how important your personal data are, and is willing to protect them: that is why we wrote this document, in order to be clear about how and in what purpose we collect personal information.
The following words or expressions beginning with capital letters will have the following meaning in this document:
- The Product: is the Home Phone sold by UrbanHello under its brand, including the battery charger.
- The Generic Handsets: are the already existing and working handsets in a household, and which are not UrbanHello’s products.
- The UrbanHello Base Station: is the base Station provided by UrbanHello.
- The Generic Base Station: is the base station already existing in a household which is already equipped with working handsets.
- The Internet Gateway: is the gateway providing access to the Internet, already installed and working in a household and usually provided by an Internet service provider or a telecom operator. The Home Phone is compatible with the Internet Gateways using the CAT-iq standards and protocols.
- The Service: is the platform allowing access to the Site.
- The Account: is a strictly personal space created by the User when registering on the Site, enabling him / her to purchase a Product.
- The Personal Data: are all the information concerning the User as a natural person which he / she provides voluntarily when opening an Account, or which UrbanHello collects as part of browsing on the Site by the User. This information, whatever its nature, allows UrbanHello to identify the User, directly or not
- The Site: is the web site http://www.urbanhello.com
- The User or You: is the person registered on the Site who purchases or has purchased a Product.
Protection to personal data according to the law
The collection and processing of the Personal Data, done when you browse the Site or purchase the Products, are carried out according to Law 78-17 of 6 January 1978 relating to information technology, files and freedoms, known as the “Information Technology and Freedoms Act.” UrbanHello has declared to the CNIL, the French Data Protection Authority, that it processes personal data (number: 1630508).
You have the right to access, amend, correct and eliminate data concerning you at any time. To exercise this right, you can do it in the "My Account" section of the Site, or you need only to send your request by mail to the address of UrbanHello’s registered office:
13, rue Saint Antoine
75004 PARIS – France
The Personal Data that we collect
When the User interacts with UrbanHello through the Site, UrbanHello may collect Personal Data and other information, as detailed below:
- Personal Data upon registration: UrbanHello collects Personal Data when you create an Account on the Site. Aside from at the time of purchase of a Product on the Site, UrbanHello does not collect information on credit-card numbers or other financial information.
- Personal Data when using the Products: when you use the Products, UrbanHello collects no personal data.
By voluntarily providing Personal Data to UrbanHello, the User agrees to their use in compliance with the present document. If the User provides Personal Data, he / she agrees that this information may be transferred outside his / her country of residence.
Use of Personal Data and other information
UrbanHello uses the Personal Data that you provide in compliance with these privacy rules. UrbanHello may therefore use the Personal Data within the context of this document, and in particular without restriction in the following contexts:
- Deliver the Product: UrbanHello will use the Personal Data provided by the User to ship him / her the product
- Surveys, contests and events: From time to time, UrbanHello may offer Users the opportunity to participate in surveys, contests and other events. When choosing to participate, the User must provide UrbanHello with certain Personal Data.
- Contact in regard to new Products or Services: from time to time, UrbanHello may contact the User in order to announce the release of its new Products or Services.
- Contact regarding special offers from UrbanHello: If the User has so chosen when registering, UrbanHello may contact him / her in order to introduce special offers from UrbanHello.
- Contact regarding UrbanHello’s partners: If the User has so chosen when registering, UrbanHello may contact him / her in order to introduce UrbanHello’s partners.
- Service improvement: UrbanHello may utilise Personal Data, aggregate Personal Data, or non-personal information collected during use of the Site, in order to improve the Products or the Site.
Links to other Web sites
These Privacy Rules apply only to the Site. The Site may contain links to other, third-party Web sites that are not controlled by UrbanHello. This document’s privacy rules do not apply to these third-party sites.
The Personal Data collected by UrbanHello are protected by physical and logical security measures and are not communicated to unauthorised persons.
Changes to the privacy rules
UrbanHello reserves the right to modify all or part of the Privacy Rules without notice.
The purchase of a Product by the User constitutes full and complete acceptance of any changes made to these Privacy Rules.
If you have any question whatsoever concerning UrbanHello’s Privacy Rules, do not hesitate to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org