Credit: Dean Takahashi
The Las Vegas CES (Consumer Electronics Show) closed its doors just a few weeks ago. Our smart alarm clock – REMI - won an Innovation Award at this major international event. REMI was enthusiastically received, wooing distributors and journalists alike!
CES: a now familiar trade show for Urban Hello
2017 has got off to a flying start for our team. The first event on the agenda was our second participation at the CES… where we notched up a second Innovation Award, following the success of the HomePhone at CES 2013! So buoyed by our first experience, we approached the run-up to this major exhibition dedicated to innovation with considerable confidence. And we did so with the support of the Business France agency, which had selected UrbanHello along with a handful of other French start-ups to man the France Pavilion at the CES.
Useful contacts with distributors and French Tech
Our objective was to start preparing the ground for the distribution of REMI, our smart bedside clock for kids, in the USA. And the results were extremely positive, since we met numerous American distributors. We also got the chance to make or renew contact with French distributors, with whom we have already begun commercial discussions.
In addition, the event was a great opportunity to meet and swap experiences with some of the other French Tech start-ups present. These included the friendly Nantes-based inventors of the ingenious D-Vine and the Annecy-based couple who created Joy, the great smartwatch for kids. After six days of intensive activity, we returned home worn out… but more than satisfied with a job well done!
REMI: what the press has to say!
Our smart alarm clock for kids also received an enthusiastic welcome from the press, as can be seen from the numerous articles published in recent weeks. Below is a selection of the best!
- USA Today:“REMI is one of the 5 baby tech products at CES 2017 that are actually good.”
- Maddyness : “Why will kids get hooked on REMI? Because it’s cute and will become a real day-to-day companion to them in their bedroom.”
- Les Echos: “Urban Hello is one of the most innovative French companies at the trade fair.”
- French Consulate in New York: “Urban Hello is one of the French start-ups to win a CES Innovation Award 2017.”
- Geeko Le Soir: “REMI from Urban Hello is one of the most innovative products on display at the Las Vegas show.”
- We are Mobians: “The REMI clock helps kids fall asleep and sleep better.”
- Widoobiz: “A clock that helps parents train their kids to sleep better, from birth up to the age of 10.”
- Venturebeat: “Remi’s mission is to be a friendly companion for a child that tells your child when it is OK to wake up.”
- LCI.fr: “REMI helps teach young children about life.”